I told Mickey last week “I feel like we live one crisis to the next.” It’s really a draining place to be, but it’s my life, so I do the best I can. What other choice do I have?
A few updates from the past 10 days or so:
- Donald has been kicked out of his current school. He physically assaulted 2 of the staff members to the point that the police needed to be called. The staff determined that they are not able to meet his needs.
- The group home that Donald returned to has determined that they are not able to care for him without him in the local public school so they requested that he be moved.
- The state attempted to find a high level foster family to take him (with no pets, no siblings and a strong adult male) and were unsuccessful so Donald is moving to another residential facility.
- This move is to take place tomorrow.
- Daffy started her gymnastics lessons. She was extremely nervous on the first day, but made it through class and seems to be looking forward to continuing!
- A special ed meeting has been scheduled for this week for Daffy since her case worker requested testing as a result of the ADHD discussions. I am eager to see if she has any learning disabilities (I am thinking in the area of math) as well as get the ball rolling to resolve her attention issues.
- I finally got around to nominating our social worker for Caseworker of the Month at AdoptUSKids.org!
- The blog update I previously mentioned is underway…. fun new look coming soon!
Guess thats all I can muster for this Monday morning!
[All names have (obviously) been changed to protect the privacy of our family.]