It goes without saying that I am a huge Disney fan. I use Disney characters as names here on my blog and I have more than 1 Disney tattoo. I really hope to have the opportunity to share with Daffy my love (and our family’s love) of Disney!
Here are the top 10 reasons we want to take Daffy to Disney:
- Every little girl should have the chance to be a princess! More than anything, we want to get Daffy a princess costume and take her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique so that she will have the opportunity to feel like the princess that she truly is!
- Every child should have the chance to wear Mickey Ears at Disney at least once during their lives. There are so many new styles available, I can’t imagine which Daffy would choose!
- Our family wants to beat our 2009 goal of being photographed with FIFTY different characters and we can’t imagine anything more magical than Daffy being a part of that quest and accomplishment!
- What a great way to disconnect from the rest of the world- no tv, no news, no email (well, I am sure I would stay connected on my android, lol)…. a chance to focus on our family & simply enjoy each other!
- We want to see her when she walks down Main Street USA and witness the magical moment when she sees the castle for the first time!
- We want to teach Daffy the art of finding Hidden Mickeys!
- A family trip would help create a deeper connection for our family. Shared memories are what families are built on. And what could be more perfect than to have our first family portrait with Daffy as a member of our family taken at Disney?
- We would love the opportunity to expose Daffy to the many different foods at Epcot!
- We want Daffy to experience all the little Disney joys…waking up Tinkerbell and getting a certificate, seeing the parades, pin trading, riding the monorail, the fireworks, the infamous turkey legs, hugging Princesses, eating Mickey shaped pretzels and waffles, swimming at the water parks and so many more!
- Most of all, we feel Daffy deserves this opportunity to live out her childhood dream. Her life has been filled with chaos, trauma and uncertainty in foster care. She deserves the truly magical experience that only Disney can provide!
We are hopeful that we will be able to come up with the money for a Thanksgiving 2013 trip! With Mickey having been out of work for the past 8 months and potentially starting our own business, this could be a real challenge. But, hey, I think we have proved we do pretty well with life’s challenges, right? 🙂